Recent Broward Law Blog Features

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

President Visits Fort Myers


President Obama kicking off the town hall meeting in Fort Myers: "Now, I’m not going to tell you that this plan is perfect. I mean it was produced in Washington. No plan is perfect. I also can’t tell you with one hundred percent certainty that everything in this plan will work exactly as we hope. But I can tell you with complete confidence that a failure to act in the face of this crisis will bring only deepening disaster. Doing nothing is not an option. You didn't send me to Washington to do nothing."

"So we’ve had a good debate, that's part of what Democracy is all about, but the time for talking is over. Folks here in Fort Myers and across America need help, and the time for action is now."
Here is a nice piece by Marina Asbury off the Daily Kos:
'When A Nation Loves its President'

No comments:

Post a Comment